The Werdin Name
The Werdin name is synonymous with Los Angeles’s early development of streets, naval bases, airports, industrial facilities and major highways. Founded in 1912, by family patriarch, E. R. Werdin, L.A. Paving Company earned its reputation as a pioneer contractor with strategically located plants that supported operations from Ventura, to Los Angeles and Orange County. Russell Werdin II continued building the company through WW II and into the 1960’s when it was acquired.